ZIA SENIOR MENíS GOLF CLUB
ARTICLE I.† NAME
1. The name of this golf club shall be Zia Senior Menís Golf Club.
ARTICLE II.† PURPOSE
1. The club is organized exclusively for the purpose of promoting senior menís golf events among members of the Sun Country Golf Association.
ARTICLE III.† MEMBERSHIP
1. Membership shall be available to all men 50 years of age or older.
2. Memberships in the club are individual and non-transferable.
3. All members must adhere to the rules of golf as published by the United States Golf Association and have a current USGA GHIN.
4. Memberships in the club are for a calendar year only, with all memberships expiring on December 31 each year.† The fiscal year of the club shall be January 1 to December 31.
5. Honorary memberships are not authorized.
6. In the event that any member of the club shall commit an act which reflects discredit or disrepute upon the Club or shall refuse or neglect to comply with the rules and regulations adopted by the Board of Directors, such member shall be subject to suspension or expulsion from the Club.† After seven days written notice by said member to the Board of Directors, such member shall have the right to be heard by a majority of the Board of Directors at any regular or special meeting called for such purpose.
7. The annual meeting of the Zia Senior Menís Golf Club shall be held following the first day of play of the Clubís annual championship tournament.† The Board of Directors shall provide for the holding of such other meetings as may be deemed necessary or desirable.
8. A legal quorum at any general membership meeting shall be (10) percent of the membership, present in person or by proxy, and a majority of the Board of Directors.† Each active member in good standing shall be entitled to one (1) vote.
9. All membership fees and dues shall be established by the Board of Directors from time to time in such amounts as they deem to be adequate to operate and maintain the Club.† All monies collected shall accrue to the benefit of the membership.
ARTICLE IV.† BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. The Board of Directors shall have general supervision of the affairs of the Club and shall be composed of six (6) elected members.
2. Members of the Board of Directors are elected by the membership for three (3) year terms. †Said elections shall be conducted during the annual general membership meeting.† Directors may only serve two consecutive three-year terms, except with special dispensation of the board of directors.
3. The Board of Directors shall meet at such times and places as they may select and a majority of the Board membership shall constitute a quorum at any meeting.
4. In the event of any vacancy on the Board of Directors, the remaining members of the Board may elect a successor by majority vote to hold office for the un-expired term.
ARTICLE V. †OFFICERS
1. Following the annual meeting and elections, the Board of Directors shall meet and elect the Clubís officers.
2. The officers of the Club shall be chosen from among the members of the Board of Directors.† The officers shall consist of a President, Treasurer and such other officers as the President and Board may designate.
ARTICLE VI.† FINANCES
1. All monies collected will be deposited into a Club checking account established with a bank.† The elected President and Treasurer shall be signatories on the account.† All checks written on the account for more than five hundred dollars ($500.00) must be signed by two Club officers.† The only exception to this rule is:† payments made to golf courses/country clubs hosting a Club event need not have two signatures if the payment is being made on the day of the event.
2. All monies collected during a calendar year will be expended by the end of that year.† An exception to this rule was adopted at the 1999 annual meeting to allow the Club Treasurer to retain approximately one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) in the bank account for transitional purposes; USGA dues/P.O. Box fees, etc.
ARTICLE VII.† AMENDMENTS TO BY-LAWS
1. The Board of Directors shall have the power to temporarily repeal or amend any of these By-Laws provided that such action shall not be permanently effective until approved by a majority vote of the members of Zia Senior Menís Golf Club in accordance with Article III, (8).
Approved at General Meeting
Modified at Annual Meeting
Modified at Annual Meeting
The foregoing By-Laws were modified and approved at meeting 4/11/2006
Modified at Annual Meeting 11/07/2012